2014년 11월 5일 수요일

UCO Clarus, my new backpacking gadget!

After getting back from a long hike to Rae Lake Loop, I thought I need a small light weight LED lantern. After some research, I decided to purchase a UCO Clarus lantern, and now I am so happy with that. It just weighs about 2 ounces and super bright. A little downside is that its burn time is less than 2 hours in its high-mode (150lm). However, this is not a downside at all in fact, because it can be easily overcome by using a high capacity Li-ion battery in place of original 3AAA batteries. A 22500 Li-ion battery (2300mAh) nicely fits UCO Clarus as if originally designed for it, and provides about 5 hours' burn in the high-mode - it's more than enough for two days' backpacking trip.

 

Left - 3AAA, right - 22500 Li-ion
Left - 18500 Li-ion with spacers (18-22 O-rings), right - 22500 Li-ion

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기