2014년 10월 4일 토요일

Solid-state turn-signal flasher relay; it's completely noise-free.

Mechanical flasher relay has been replaced by a solid-state relay.

Left - solid-state relay
Right - OEM flasher relay


It's completely silent! So, I found it was sometimes dangerous because I kept forgetting to turn off the turn signal. So I decided to add artificial sound. A door chime unit is used to this end.


Rather than irritating mechanical ticks, it makes clear ringing when the turn signal is on. The sound is so refreshing.


댓글 2개:

  1. Hello, Austin! Could you please provide a scheme and a pcb layout for your solid state flasher?

    답글삭제
    답글
    1. Hi Vitaly. Sorry for belated response. I have updated the schematic in the original posting. Unfortunately, I don't have PCB layout at this moment. Please let me know if you have any question.

      삭제