2014년 9월 23일 화요일

Got a flashlight finally...

(Re-posted: originally created in July, 2011)

Don't ask why I need a flashlight, because I don't know either. Anyhow, a flashlight is a sort of must have items for men, like a nimble car or zoo annual pass.
Basically, it's a Maglite 2D.


I like Maglites. Most of all, I like the design, which is neat and never outrageous like those of Surefires. I think the halogen lamp is behind the times these days, though. So I threw away the original dim halogen lamp right away after the purchase. Instead, I installed a Terralux LED light source.


 This light source provides 700 lumens, which is 28 times higher than the original halogen. However, it requires supply voltage over 6 volts. Fortunately, I could find this one.


It's a 32600 Li-ion battery, which is of approximately the same size as an Alkaline D cell. It's slightly bigger than the ordinary D-cell in fact. When I first found this battery at an online store, it was out of stock. So, I waited for it to be in stock again for about one good year. With two of these Li-ion cells, I was able to supply 7.4 volts to the light source. Now, the flashlight works perfectly!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기